Woodgrain panels are
laminated on a plywood or Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) substrate. Each core
has its own benefits. See below to find out which one is right for you.
- Plywood substrate panels are manufactured with moisture resistant
- Plywood's three ply construction is
rigid and less likely to expand and contract with changes in humidity.
- Lighter weight than MDF. Easy to work with. In many cases,
all trimming for windows, doors, and cut outs can be accomplished
with a utility knife.
- MDF panel substrate is extremely smooth, without grain raise, splits or core
- MDF is environmentally friendly – all panels are Green Cross Certified.
- MDF panels will react more noticeably to humidity changes and are not recommended
in high humidity areas. Strict adherence to application instructions is critical.